- Author Existence Failure: Etika died near the end of June 2019, sadly losing a battle with his deteriorating mental health.
- Creator Breakdown:
- Etika (who was African-American) repeatedly used the n-word in his videos, whether they were livestreams or pre-recorded. Eventually, Etika was banned from Twitch for using the n-word, and YouTube demonetized a video because of him saying the n-word. In response, he repeatedly uploaded hardcore porn to his channel until it was suspended. Beforehand, Etika briefly posted a video saying that "we can't let them take this from us." The whole thing was such a violent reaction that many fans wondered if Etika was suicidal, with his real life friends and one of his ex's saying that he got sent to a mental hospital afterwards. He has since cleared it up that it was a violent overreaction (not that over-the-top reactions is out-of-character for him).
- One that progressed much worse followed on April 29, 2019, with Etika acting in an increasingly erratic, megalomaniacal and outright aggressive manner on Twitter in the previous weeks, demanding verified Twitter users to get him verified and blocking them instantly when they responded they couldn't. This all culminated with Etika uploading videos to Twitter of himself arguing with the NYPD outside his home, then finally livestreaming his own detainment over on Instagram. He was later released from the ward that day, though he continued to make the overblown posts on social media including blocking anyone that tries to talk to him otherwise and showing little regard to posting images of his hospital release papers (which included his address and other personal information, which some people took advantage of). According to Fiona, he is bipolar/hypomanic.
- On June 20, 2019, Etika posted a cryptic video onto YouTubenote in which he is seen walking the streets of New York and speaking very suicidally; he was reported missing later that afternoon. Some time prior to that, he posted a tweet asking when he should have his next mental breakdown, and gravitated towards the exact date he posted the video; while some believe that this was staged, others quickly pointed out that he appeared to be asking for a date on which to commit suicide, which in tandem with his language in the video prompted further concern about his well-being — up until he was found dead five days later.
- Fan Community Nickname: The JOYCONBOYZ, named after the Nintendo Switch joy-con controllers.
- Fan Nickname: Etika was referred to as "Black Guile" on 4chan in the earlier days of his channel. Japanese fans similarly called him "Guile-Kun".
- Promoted Fanboy: FitMC, a Minecraft YouTuber known for his 2b2t anarchy server content, was a fan of Etika before Etika himself started watching Fit's videos and seeking out his help for his own 2b2t adventures.
Trivia / Etika