- California Doubling: Although the film is set principally in South America, most of the scenes set in the fictional South American country of San Carlos and rural Colombia were shot in Tagaytay City, Philippines. This explains the visibility of the Taal Volcano in some scenes.
- Creator Backlash: Chuck Norris is on record as saying that he does not like the finished film.
- Fatal Method Acting: A helicopter crashed on the set and killed four crew members along with the pilot.
- No Budget: The script that was filmed was a greatly pared-down and smaller version of what was originally planned. Cash-strapped Cannon Films could not afford the original draft.
- What Could Have Been:
- Working Title: Spitfire: Delta Force II.
Trivia / Delta Force 2: The Colombian Connection