- Anime First: An original anime project later adapted into a manga.
- Fan Nickname: Because of the shared similarities between their main characters, Yorimoi is sometimes referred to as "The Keions (or K-Ons) go to Antarctica".
- Portmanteau Series Nickname: "Yorimoi", a pretty weird portmanteau (from "Sora yori mo Tooi Basho").
- Production Posse: The anime reunites several staff members that previously worked on No Game No Life, including director Atsuko Ishizuka, screenwriter Jukki Hanada and composer Yoshiaki Fujisawa.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Speaking of No Game No Life, it also reunites most of the main cast. Hinata is Kurami, Gin is Fil, Kanae is Stephanie, Sora is Toshio and Shiro is Takako.
- Sleeper Hit: Not many people were paying attention to this show when it was announced, most writing it off as just another "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" anime. As soon as the first episode aired, the series got unanimous praise for its writing, characters and animation, and it only went up from there until it became one of the most popular anime of the Winter 2018 season and the hashtag #よりもい became trending on the Japanese Twitter. After the raw emotional impact of episode 12, preorders of the Blu-Rays jumped to #9 on Amazon.jp's preorder list—not 9th anime, 9th overall. The anime also placed 8th in the International category of the New York Times' Best TV Shows of 2018, and it was the only anime on the list.
- What Could Have Been: Yorimoi was originally planned as a sci-fi romance anime original, according to director Ishizuka.
- The Wiki Rule: A Place Further than the Universe Wiki.
- Write Who You Know: According to director Atsuko Ishizuka, the four main girls and their interactions are largely based on her and her own group of friends in high school.
Trivia / A Place Further than the Universe