- I guess... We all have our secrets. I wonder what yours is?
- Cloud unintentionally breaking Sandra's heart.Damn Cloud, would a little lie have hurt that much?
- Thankfully, he manages to save it.
- So Zoey's out of the closet! Too bad her feelings aren't reciprocated.
- Mommy? MOMMY!?
- Pretty much everything about Luna's life.
- Dropping the bomb has a double whammy, both courtesy of the ever cheerful Larisa.
- "Hi, Landon! Are you enjoying the hiking trip with your dad? I'm glad you two are having fun despite the ugly divorce."
- "Pfff...I'll be blind in ten years and dead in twenty. I don't give a damn if some puritans have a problem with my naked body."
- Later when the name of her condition is revealed, Wolfram Syndrome, a quick wiki search will bring tears to your eyes. The prognosis is that she will slowly lose her hearing and eye sight and will be lucky to live to thirtynote as her organs slowly die off. There is no known treatment besides alleviating some of the diabetic symptoms.
- Even worse, the first thing that's probably going to go? Larisa's color vision!
- Luna trying so hard to not let thoughts of her past trauma intrude upon and ruin the good time she's trying to have.
- Luna getting her heart broken after getting hooked up with a crush of hers.
- Strip #909 is the first time we ever get to see Sandra with a look of utter despair and heartbreak, and with good reason. The empty-looking, tearing-up eyes in the fourth panel really sell how much grief she feels over her mother's death. It's a good thing she had her newly found friend Larisa to comfort her.
- ... I may as well just lie down and die.
- It's very hard not to feel sorry for Zoey in this strip◊, especially in light of what happened the last time she kissed someone.
Tear Jerker / Sandra and Woo