A Korean Series running in February / March 2011, this 18-episode medical drama centers around the National Forensics Service, a fictional national Medical Examiner bureau used to perform autopsies and work with local law enforcement solving crimes.
Dr Yoon Ji Hoon is a Medical Examiner at the main office of NFS in Seoul. A young Idol star mysteriously dies at a concert hall. Tampered or missing evidence, and pressure from high members of the government cause Dr Yoon to be reassigned to a backwater office of the department.
A year after his departure, Dr Go Da Kyung, an idealist forensic examiner, is assigned to his office and offers to assist in quietly reexaming the evidence from the singer's death. They initially clash due to their different styles of investigation as well as their opposing personalities Da Kyungs energetic nature is a source of irritation for the prickly Ji Hoon but later develop a complex relationship as the two strive to uncover the truth through science.
The series contains examples of:
- The Captain: Dr Lee Myung Han, who takes the helm of NFS Chief after the Idol singer's autopsy forces the incumbent to retire.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Dr Go, when she knocks over an entire bookshelf in Dr Yoon's office and ends up pinned underneath it.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Both Dr Lee Myung Han and Dr Jung Byung Do
- Ominous Latin Chanting:
- The New Girl: Dr Go, who has never officiated at an autopsy prior to joining NFS.
- Piggyback Cute: Dr Yoon to a drunk Dr Go.
- Techno Babble: Medical and forensics terms are used throughout the series.
- True Companions: The southern division of NFS.