The series was produced by RTV News Inc. and Paramount Television (the producers of the show's more "mature" sister show Real TV).
It's time for our Max-X Tropes List!:
- Acceptable Targets: For starters - foreigners (especially Canadians), people with mullets, old people, soccer fans, and college students.
- Amusing Injuries: One of the show's trademarks was to show videos featuring these occuring.
- Didn't Think This Through: 90% of the incidents featured in the videos were caused by poor planning.
- Extreme Sport Excuse Plot: It's a reality TV show showing videos of people doing dumb stuff and extreme sports shenanigans. What else is there to be said?
- Nobody Can Die: Typically averted, but on occasions there are explicitly-mentioned deaths like with the Seeley Lake plane crash in "It Coulda Been Worse!"
- In "Rescue Me!": "T.A. Horton - Favorite TV Show: Rescue 911"
- Stuff Blowing Up: A frequent subject of videos featured, but "Crash! Bam! Boom!" was partially dedicated to videos that documented this trope.
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: What Cam views nearly all the "la-dies"/"babes" he sees in the videos as being.
- Wham Line: In the episode "It Coulda Been Worse!", a plane delivering ping-pong balls redeemable for prizes during a Fourth of July celebration in Seeley Lake, Montana crashes into a playground. The pilot dived the plane out of the way of people and managed to help save lives. When Cam questions about what happened to the pilot, a firefighter who witnessed the event says "He died on impact".