Line Walker (Chinese: 使徒行者; literally "Apostle Walker") is a 2014 Hong Kong crime thriller drama produced by TVB, starring Michael Miu, Charmaine Sheh, Raymond Lam as the main leads with Sharon Chan, Benz Hui, Elena Kong, Sammy Sum, Oscar Leung and Toby Leung in main supporting roles.
The drama follows the lives of undercover police agents who must live a double life in secrecy. Not knowing when they can return to their normal life, they must also endure the constant fear of being uncovered by those they are assigned to infiltrate. However, this time their lives are put in danger with the discovery the existence of a mole in the police force.
The first season with 31 episodes finished airing in 2014 as one of the highest rated and most watched TVB series of the year. A second series Line Walker 2 was released in 2017, and acts as the prequel to this series.
The opening theme is "Apostle Walker" and the closing theme is "Love Is Not Easy" by Jinny Ng. Due to the latter's quality and appearance whenever a romantic incident happens, it has ascended to MemeticMutation.
Page is under construction and needs love.
This series contains examples of:
- Affably Evil: Chum Foon Hei always has a goofy smile on his face that masks his more sinister intentions.
- Anyone Can Die: By the end of the show, most of the main cast end up dead, including Foon Hei himself, Muk Sat and Kobe.
- Asshole Victim: Ah Gau, who betrays Foon Hei and is fed to the dogs.
- Bilingual Dialogue: English and Cantonese for obvious reasons.
- Dirty Cop: The premise of the entire show.
- The Dragon:
- Chai Fing to Chum Foon Hei until getting killed by Amy and her henchmen.
- FaceHeel Turn:
- Amy is revealed to be the last missing undercover agent sent by Inspector Hong, but defected to serve the Mr. Song Society after she fell in love with James Pong Yin Ting.
- HeelFace Turn:
- Chum Foon Hei starts showing more mercy and delegating more of his criminal underworld tasks to his subordinates after the death of his son, Sing. Unfortunately, he is killed by Bao Seed, through Amy's coercion, before he can turn himself into the police.
- Hostage Situation: Many.
- Killed off for Real: Most of the cast.
- The Mole: The main premise of the show is to find the missing mole.
- Foon Hei himself is actually a deep cover police mole.
- Oh, Crap!: Whenever anyone gets shot. Justified since firearms laws are very strict in Hong Kong, making any gun crime a rarity and a shocking occurrence should it occur in public.
- Spoiler Opening: Watching the opening and ending credits can shed some lights on what could happen next, unfortunately.
- Suicide Attack: Nail Sis wears a makeshift suicide vest in order to threaten the Thai Mafia into releasing Bao Seed.
- Title Drop: The title is mentioned in Episode 26.