I've Always Wanted to Own the Galaxy is a roleplaying Quest on Sufficient Velocity originally GM'd by a user named Teron but now currently GM'd by another called Dr. Snark. The quest is based in Star Wars detailing the shenanigans, trolling, and overall profiteering of the Miralukan crimeboss 'Lady Ciaran' as she tries to benefit off the galaxy, starting out as the leader of a small gang in the slums of Coruscant a few years before the events of the Phantom Menace. If she actually winds up taking the galaxy over? Well, that's actually a bonus.
Along the way she stumbles upon other original characters which serve to liven up the the quest while Ciaran herself seems to liven up the lives of canon individuals. For some this is great! Others ... not so much. Overall, the eclectic bunch of misfits add up to make the quest something much more and they all tend to grow on you like a tumor that's somehow benevolent.
Part 2, the continuation called 'May the Invisible Hand Be With You', is on Sufficient Velocity as well through the given link.
As expected from a RPG played by committee, things can get messy.
I've Always Wanted to Own the Galaxy provides examples of:
- Alternate Continuity: Ciaran's interference results in several breaks form the canon continuity. Not enough to derail the original plot by too much, but still quite a few things did change due to her ability to either be in the right spot at the right time or know the right things when needed.
- Anti-Hero: Ciaran has been one of the Nominal Hero variety so far.
- Genre Savvy: It's a RP-Quest and everyone gladly exploits their knowledge of what happens or is supposed to happen in canon.
- The Gadfly: Ciaran really likes to regularly mess with Padme. In addition Obi-Wan, Anakin and to a lesser degree even Count Dooku also had to suffer Ciaran's sense of humor.
- The Gunslinger: It's mentioned that disciples of the Blazing Chain use the Force to be one, usually a combination of all four types at once.
- From Bad to Worse: Beginning in Turn 9 Ciaran's Abyss Watchers Mercenary Company was attacked by an unknown entity "Omega". Two turns later during an attempt to track him down Omega personally attempted an assassination on Ciaran and left her in coma with life threatening injuries. The only thing that prevents this to be a Bad End is Dooku's last minute interference.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: The Abyss Watchers become a small time gang to a major power in the galaxy, even being the power being the Council of Neutral Systems during the Clone Wars. Ciaran herself becomes a major thorn in the Sith's Grand Plan, especially when she uncovers Darth Sidious's identity as Sheev Palpatine.
- Running Gag: The "Annoy Padme" action.
- Ship Tease: One of the omakes involved a slight bit between Ciaran and Obi-Wan Kenobi. More recent ones also hinted towards Ciaran/Padme and Ciaran/Dooku pairings.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: Ciaran
- Off the Rails: Over time, Ciaran managed to became the Old Man Henderson of Star Wars. Notably she gets involved in the Mortis Arc, which ends with everyone living and Anakin aware of his potential future as Darth Vader, which he now seeks to avert.
- Spanner in the Works: Surprisingly Ciaran's 'existence' is this to Darth Sidious' plans, although so far nothing actually damaged his plans in any serious way. Quoting the author after Ciaran caused a Republic-wide scandal: "Palpatine is utterly confused."