Despairing Vacation 2 is the sequel to the first Despairing Vacation and is a roleplay based off of the Dangan Ronpa series. As the name implies, the scenario centers around a group of Super High School Level students, who have found themselves trapped during their vacation and forced to kill each other.
After receiving a letter in the mail from Hope's Peak Academy, twenty six students find out that they've all won a raffle for a fantabulous trip to Disneyland! The land where dreams come true!
However, after two weeks of relaxation time, their vacation is cut short when a... robot rabbit of some sorts pops into the picture. Introducing himself as Oswald, the rabbit tells the group that they're stuck in Disneyland, with no way out and no hope of rescue— Unless they participate in a "killing game".
Trapped in the land where dreams come true and forced to par take in a game of murder...
Who will fight against this Vacation of Despair, and who will succumb to it?
Let's find out!
Tropes that are featured:
- Sequel: The sequel to the previous Despairing Vacation.
- CrossOver: As this is still Despairing Vacation, you can bet your behind it's filled with multiple franchises.
- Anyone Can Die
- Mystery of the Week: Or rather, a mystery every two weeks. Every chapter lasts two weeks, with each murder happening a week after free time events and motive drops.
- Public Execution: Once a murderer is found, Oswald drags them off to an execution— which EVERYONE has to watch.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: A trope to go along with the aforementioned Executions. Each murderer gets an execution that revolves around their talent or history, making their death more despair-inducing after failing to get away with murder.
- Ryo (Satan):
- Barred from the Afterlife: For some unknown reason, the deceased students become ghosts after dying. Though considering magic exists in this verse, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say it's because of that.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: And you thought the ghosts were safe? No way, they're stuck in this hell hole too. You can't see them, or hear them, but they can at least push things around!
- A Student Body Divided: The class' trust is tested each and every chapter, especially when a new motive is dropped. No one knows when someone will actually FALL for any of Oswald's incentives to kill.
- Hope vs. Despair/White vs. Black: It would seem that this round carries the theme of HOPE vs DESPAIR. With half the class being Hopefuls, and the other half, Remnants of Despair, who knows what will happen?
- Shades of Conflict: Due to the memory wipe, no one remembers what side they are. So it's more than likely everyone will be dipping their toes into some nasty shades—- whether they be hope or despair will decide how they react to such a turn of events.
- Curse: Played straight in the first chapter. As a motive, Oswald curses everyone with Disney related curses, with the only way to get rid of them is to kill someone. The curses will progress the longer a death is put off, worsening until it's too much to handle. Once someone is dead, their curse, along with everyone else's curses will vanish.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: Who would have thought this would make it in? For the Chapter 2 Motive, Oswald makes it so that every attraction in Disney is alive and out for you. Just like the curses motive, the intensity of their blood lust will begin to worsen the longer no one is dead.
- Disney Villain Death: Averted, as the deaths are brutal and absolutely messy. Plus, none of the killers actually fall off cliffs, not even Manami!