Jack and Sergey's duel ends with Jack as the winner. In the Commons, Sergey and his D-Wheel are in ruins, but Sergey himself, badly damaged, is alive. A trio of Commons citizens see him and attack; Roget loses Sergey's signal in his office. Around the city the riots intensify, Security unable to hold back the Commons. Roget gives the order for Security to use any and all methods they have to stop it, and announces to the city that he is declaring martial law with all authority routed to him and Security due to the crisis. Yuzu knocks him away from the console and announces that Roget's real intention is to take over, and asks the citizens to come together to fight Academia for the sake of their world. A furious Roget takes back control and closes the channel.
Yuya wants to run off and rescue Yuzu, but Gongenzaka reminds him that Sora and Tsukikage are seeing to that. Sam finds them, having been sent by Jack with a message for Yuya. Jack was disappointed in Yuya's duel with Crow, as he felt only an overwhelming desire to crush things with power; if that isn't the duel Yuya wants, then face Jack in a duel. Yuya remembers how much the people enjoyed Jack's duel and realizes what Jack has been trying to tell him, and goes to the stadium to find Jack. Yuya finds Frank, Amanda, and Tanner, and they show him a way to the stadium through the back alleys where he can avoid the riots.
Meanwhile, Reiji leaves the Executive Council, defeating the Security blockade and reuniting with Reira. The Council attempts to assert their authority over Security, but Reiji tells them they only use their power to defend themselves, and that it is thus meaningless. Those who stand by and observe have no right to try and dictate the future. He intends to leave the Synchro Dimension now that the Council has proven to be an unreliable ally.
At the stadium, Kurosaki arrives with Reiji, Chojiro, Reira, and Sawatari, and Kurosaki and flies the group over the remaining rioters to reach the inside of the stadium. Melissa Claire runs out to broadcast the event, and Sawatari takes her microphone for Yuya to address the city. Yuya calls for them to stop fighting, and that duels are for bringing smiles and happiness, not war. And he'll prove it now with the finals duel of the Friendship Cup. He points up to Jack watching over the arena from his throne, and Jack stands to face him.
This episode contains the following tropes:
- Always Save the Girl: Yuya wanted to save Yuzu after seeing her being rough handled by Jean. But he stopped when he decided to listen to her will instead.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: A platonic version for Reiji. He shows a huge smile when Reira hugs him.
- Gory Discretion Shot: Three Commons spot the infamous Duelist Crusher and Roget's right-hand man, Sergey Volkov, laughing like a maniac while crawling through the ground in shambles. Then, they pick up some improvised weapons. Cut to Roget realizing Sergey's signal was cut off.
- It's Up to You: Yuya is the only person that can stop the City's revolt. Because he is the only person that has won all his matches in the Friendship Cup and is an entertainer, only he can duel Jack to pass on their message of peace to the City.
- Killed Off for Real/Family-Unfriendly Death: Sergey. Thankfully, they cut to another scene before showing the deal being done.
- Made of Iron: Sergey is a literal example, being made a cyborg. He even managed to survive the fall from last episode! But not for too long...
- Mind-Control Device: Security is a victim of this again. It is disturbing how zombie-like they are as a result.
- Pet the Dog: Kurosaki was very kind to Reira this episode, giving him a hug to calm him down and promising to reunite him with Reiji.
- Rage Quit: About the only way to describe Roget's reaction to Sergey's destruction; he basically tells Security to Kill 'Em All if that's what it takes to stop the Commons riots.
- The Reason You Suck Speech:
Jack's message: Yuya Sakaki, you disappoint me! During your Duel against Crow in the semifinals, I can only feel the will to subjugate everything through brute strength! If this is the kind of Dueling you're aiming for, then you don't deserve to face me!
- Reiji gives a scathing one to the Executive Council calling them out on their cowardice and their neutrality saying they have no say in the future as a result.
- Jack expresses total disappointment towards Yuya for brutalizing Crow and have Sam tell him this:
- Revenge Before Reason: The Commons lead by Shinji are focused on taking down the Tops no matter the costs. Even ignoring the threat from the Academia till they have taken down the Tops.
- Rule of Symbolism: As Roget discards all his ruined plans, Yuzu knocks him into his chessboard and sends the pieces scattering over the floor.
- Ship Tease: So much between Yuzu and Yuya.
- Stealth Mentor: This episode gives more evidence that Jack was this to Yuya. He even seems to have acknowledged it.
- Tranquil Fury: With all his plans ruined, Roget goes into Dissonant Serenity as he orders Security to crush the Commons riots.
- Villainous Breakdown: Roget continues to flip his lid over Sergey's loss and apparent destruction, descending into Angrish and sobbing.
- What the Hell, Hero?: The true purpose of the aforementioned "Reason You Suck" Speech Jack gave to Yuya.
- With Us or Against Us: Shinji and his friends have this mindset, willing to attack Crow when he voices his displeasure with the revolt.