A sharp blow to the head changes Ice Bear's personality. And not for the better.
- Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?: The Bears look out the window for ideas for one last picture for Panda's slide show, and Grizz gets an idea when he sees a woodpecker. Ice Bear declares "Ice Bear will go start work on bird costumes", but Grizzly's actual idea turns out to be a wood sculpture of the trio carved into a tree.
- Chekhov's Gun: After Ice B's earlier attempt to chop down the Bears' tree sculpture of themselves, Panda accidentally knocks the tree over onto Ice B, turning him back into regular Ice Bear.
- Easy Amnesia: Apparently, a Tap on the Head from a hammer causes Ice Bear to change his personality (a medical website still describes this condition as "amnesia"), and another from a falling tree restores his old personality.
- Interspecies Adoption: Lampshaded by Ice Bear's amnesiac alter-ego, when he tells Grizzly and Panda that they can't be his "brothers" because they are not the same species of bear.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: One Tap on the Head turns Ice Bear from The Quiet One, to "Ice B": a popular, extroverted, and talkative social media user that everyone wants to hang out with. Before that, Ice Bear forgoes making healthy meals for his brothers and being the bottom of the bear stack. Even the episode's title is serious, because Ice Bear normally refers to himself by his own name.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Further in the episode, Ice Bear gains a cooler clique and planned to move out of the cave. He also planned to destroy the "Sibling Day" tree that the Bears made at the start of the episode for no reason other than his own amusement. He also dismissed a childhood photo of him, Grizzly and Panda celebrating their birthday, only bringing attention to how fat he was when he was younger.
- We Want Our Jerk Back: Inverted. At first, Grizzly and Panda are disturbed and concerned about Ice Bear's amnesiac out-of-character behavior, but then relishes the popularity Ice Bear made as a result. It's only when Ice Bear lets it go to his head and starts treating his brothers like complete strangers that they try to get Ice Bear to go back to normal.
- Wham Line: "Ice... Ice... Oh man, I need some ice for my head."