The One with... the Martian movie.
The Hood disguises himself as a movie producer in order to get his two favourite things into the same place: the Thunderbirds and powerful cameras. Using his mind-control powers to force Kyrano to disable the Automatic Camera Detector on Thunderbird 1, the Hood then arranges for a special effects sequence to go wrong and trap two actors in a cave. As the cave slowly floods, International Rescue race to the scene. While they succeed in rescuing the trapped men, the Hood flees with the film he has acquired.
Since the film is not magnetic, it's immune to Thunderbird 1's film-wiping beam and the Thunderbird is forced to chase down the Hood, eventually firing upon his vehicle. While this does not dissuade him, the Hood is forced to steal a light aircraft from a local airstrip. Rather than choose between preserving their security and killing a man, the Thunderbirds wave off their pursuit when it turns out that the stolen aircraft was severely overdue for an overhaul. Losing control and visibility, the Hood attempts to make a landing at his client's villa... and succeeds only in slamming his plane into the side of the building.
- The Alleged Airplane: the airplane that The Hood steals to escape from International Rescue was apparently grounded for maintainance and in no condition to fly. The Hood discovers this the hard way.
- Alien Invasion: the movie that the two actors who need rescuing were working on is about one.
- Chase Scene: between The Hood (first in a car, later in a small airplane) and Thunderbirds 1 and 2.
- Demoted to Dragon: One of the few cases where the Hood is this. He'll be back to being a proper Big Bad later on.
- Drowning Pit: the cave with the two actors inside becomes one after the explosion caused by The Hood.
- Halfway Plot Switch: International Rescue's mission starts with having to save the two trapped actors from a flooding cave. After they've done this, it becomes a mission to get the film footage The Hood shot of the Thunderbird vehicles back.
- Karma Houdini: Bletcher, the corrupt film producer, never receives any comeuppance for assisting the Hood.
- Made of Iron: The Hood survives a plane crash that is powerful enough to destroy his film without any noticable injuries.
- The Mole: Kyrano unwillingly serves this role again.
- Proscenium Reveal: the first scene of the episode, combined with the episode's title, gives the impression that there actually is an alien invasion going on. It's only after a few minutes that the whole "invasion" is revealed to be part of a movie under production.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: was the matter of the disabled Automatic Camera Detector ever investigated by IR? And if so, how come Kyrano was apparently not discovered as being the (unwilling) saboteur?