When the Springfield Retirement Home shuts down due to health violations, Grampa and his friends (Jasper Beardley and the Crazy Old Man) move in with The Simpsons and Homer begins acting like an old man. Meanwhile, Nelson befriends Bart after Bart defends Nelson over his choice to wear secondhand underwear and invites him to a gathering of bullies modeled after The Warriors.
- Gang of Hats: Pretty much every group of bullies at the summit other than the group we follow is one of these.
- Hypocritical Humor: When Lisa is concerned that she and Bart are learning how to treat Homer in his old age by the way he treats Grandpa, Homer complains about the way he treats his own father - never visiting him in his retirement home. The others didn't even realise Grandpa Orville was still alive.
- Irony: A Pet the Dog moment gets Bart declared an honorary bully.
- Klingon Promotion: During a gathering of bullies, one of them decides to take down the top bully to get his position and says he's tired of being like then Prince Charles waiting for then Queen 's death.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: After being punched by Homer, the bully whines and states that he's "never been in a fight" before running off.
- Nerdy Bully: The bully summit's various Gangs of Hats include the "SAT Preppers," a group consisting entirely of these.
- Papa Wolf: When Homer sees Bart in danger, he rushes up to the bully and punches him in the face.
- Whole-Plot Reference: Bart's focus in the story recreates the plot of The Warriors.