Lisa discovers a group of Wiccans who are accused of making the town go blind. Meanwhile, Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel and Homer make moonshine.
- Didn't Think This Through: Homer finally snaps and smashes the Bonk It game underfoot. Almost immediately after, the car gets into trouble with traffic and Homer finds the pieces have jammed the brake pedal.Homer: Oh, why do my actions have consequences?!
- Fun with Homophones: Lisa panics when she learns that Ms. Hoover has come down with "a spell of stomach flu" and that a woman resembling a witch has become her substitute teacher. Paranoid that her Wiccan friends have arranged for Ms. Hoover to be indisposed as some kind of twisted favor, Lisa freaks out when the substitute teacher asks her "Lisa, which craft?", the joke being that "which craft" sounds like "witchcraft".
- Goth Girls Know Magic: Invoked and subverted. When the three wicca teen girls Lisa befriends are arrested, suddenly, half the town becomes blind and the girls are blamed. Turn out that they are innocent and the cause of blindness was not the magic.
- Overly Long Gag: Bonk It! Twist It! Smack It! Thwack It!
- Strange Minds Think Alike: To get rid of the Bonk It noise, Homer threw the game away from the car. Thanks to a man at a nearby car having a similar idea, the Simpson kids got a new Bonk It soon after.
- Too Dumb to Live: Chief Wiggum pointing his gun at a fly that landed on his nose.
- The Weird Sisters: Lisa gets lost in the forest and runs into three teenage girls who are performing a Wicca ritual. The way the three are first seen—three cowled figures around a cauldron—alludes to the witches of Macbeth. Eventually the three invite Lisa to be the fourth member of their "coven", but the induction is not complete when Chief Wiggum arrests the girls for witchcraft.
- Witch Hunt: Of the drowning kind of hunt.