A young man discovers that he and four other men are alien hybrids whose father has come to reclaim them.
The Tropes of Spider County:
- All There in the Script: Aabel's name is never spoken or shown in the episode.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Alien!Aabel goes barefoot.
- Eye Beams: Alien!Aabel uses them to "uncreate" pesky humans.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Ethan and the other missing geniuses combine this trope with Human Mom Non Human Dad.
- Only the Leads Get a Happy Ending: In this case, only one of the leads. The last time we see Ethan, he's cavorting through the woods with Anna. The last time we see Aabel, he's returning to Eros to tell his people that their civilization is doomed.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Bartlett, who is always focused on Ethan's well-being.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Aabel wears a snappy suit in both human and alien modes, although Ethan's Dream Sequence shows that his Erosian attire is more utilitarian.
- The Smurfette Principle: Anna is the only female character in the episode.
- Stock Sound Effects: The sound of Aabel's Eye Beams was originally the Martian heat ray in The War of the Worlds.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Aabel, although his ability to shift back and forth between his human disguise and true alien appearance is never explained. Is he literally transforming his body, or just using some form of hypnotic suggestion?