When Rani worries she isn't ready to become queen, Makini reveals the special gift Queen Janna left for her.
This episode contains examples of:
- Be Yourself: Queen Janna's last words to her family before she dies.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: It is very heavily implied that Kion and Rani really began to fall for each other was when Kion comforts Rani after Janna dies of old age.
- Cooldown Hug: Kion gives one to Rani after Queen Janna dies.
- Content Warnings: This is the first and only episode to feature a warning before the episode starts, most likely due to the emotional scene of Queen Janna dying.THE FOLLOWING EPISODE CONTAINS SOME SCENES THAT DEAL WITH THE CIRCLE OF LIFE AND MY BE INTENSE FOR YOUNGER VIEWERS. PARENTS MAY WANT TO WATCH WITH THEIR KIDS.
- Last Request: Queen Janna's last request to Kion is for him to consider staying at the Tree of Life.
- Men Don't Cry: Averted. Bailyo, Surak and Kion all shed tears when Queen Janna dies of old age, and they aren't portrayed negatively at all for it.
- Never Say "Die": Subverted. While the term death is not used, the fact we see Queen Janna dying on screen is pretty powerful for a Disney Junior show.
- Peacefulin Death: After seeing that the Tree of Life is in good hands, Queen Janna dies peacefully in her old age.
- Please Don't Leave Me: Rani pleads with her grandmother not to leave her, feeling she is not ready to be a queen. This is despite the fact Rani knew that this was going to happen.
- Shipper on Deck: Queen Janna's attempts to get Kion and Rani to know each other more closely ultimately pays off as the Cooldown Hug Kion gives her is the event that kicks off their romance.
- "Well Done, Daughter!" Girl: Rani has this come out in full force as it dawns on her that she will be Queen as her grandmother is dying.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Queen Janna's last words to Rani before she dies is this, telling her that she knows she will be a good queen.