PlotSheldon becomes increasingly distressed after his and Leonard's apartment is robbed.
- Insecurity System: Howard got the materials for the security system from a friend in the U.S. Department of Defense, pointing out the irony of them not having good security.
- Karma Houdini: Whoever broke into Leonard and Sheldon's apartment, and the guy in Bozeman who stole Sheldon's luggage near the end.
- Long List: Sheldon telling the police all the video games that got stolen. The officer jotting it down just writes "assorted video games".
- Mood Whiplash: At the beginning of the episode, Leonard and Sheldon go from Sheldon's discussing of the possible origins of "mobster sauce" to discovering their apartment was robbed in minutes.
- No Kill Like Overkill: Sheldon has Howard set up a security system that includes an electrified net. Fortunately, the net wasn't electrified yet when it fell on Penny; Sheldon, however, wasn't so lucky.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Sheldon's paranoia regarding being robbed again culminates in him moving to Bozeman. After he gets his bags stolen and finds the temperature too cold, he decides to go back to Pasadena.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: In-Universe, this is Sheldon's reaction to his replacement laptop.Sheldon: My new computer came with Windows 7. Windows 7 is much more user friendly than Windows Vista. I don't like that.
- Welcome to the Big City: The minute Sheldon steps out of the plane at Bozeman, a man offers to help him with his bags, and then runs off with them. After trying to run after him, and finding the temperature outside too cold for his liking, he then asks for a ticket back to Pasadena.