Amy has been lying to Sheldon that her apartment has been repaired earlier than expected because she doesn't want the cohabitation experiment to end early. Meanwhile, Penny has been slowly moving Leonard's collectibles into storage because she wants the apartment to feel like her home too.
This Episode provides examples of:!!
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Both secrets during the episode get spilled because of Bernadette and Howard.Penny: Why did you tell Howard I was hiding Leonard's things?Bernadette: One sec. (Turns to Howard) Why did you tell Leonard I told you Penny was hiding his things?
- Catapult Nightmare: Sheldon when he dreams that Penny and Leonard turned his old bedroom into a sex dungeon.
- Easily Forgiven: Sheldon instantly forgives Amy for lying about her apartment because he's been enjoying their cohabitation experiment too. Also, Bernadette gets forgiven for blabbing about the secrets after she apologizes.
- "Fawlty Towers" Plot: Amy and Penny try to keep secrets from their respective love interests.
- Hypocritical Humor: Leonard freaks out when he finds out Penny has been hiding his stuff in storage behind his back. In The Stinger he does the same to Penny, hiding her decorative pillows in her old apartment.
- Nerds Speak Klingon: Sheldon, Leonard, and Howard. Penny and Amy counter with Ubbi Dubbi.
- Rimshot: Howard plays one on his keyboard during Fun with Flags. Sheldon approves, but tells Howard to warn him next time.
- Shout-Out: Ubbi Dubbi comes from the kid's show Zoom
- Take a Third Option: Howard suggests that if Sheldon moves across the hall for good, Penny could keep Leonard's collectables in Sheldon's old room and turn it into a gaming den. Everybody except Sheldon, who still considers it his room, likes the idea.
- Wham Episode: At the end, Sheldon decides to permanently move in with Amy, making Pennys old apartment their apartment.