Airdate: Monday, July 7, 2003
A viewer known only as "Em" wants to know more about the "prosess" of answering an e-mail.
Strong Bad starts his e-mails with "a little song that somehow involves the word email", before bringing up the e-mail to be read, "pointing out any and all spelling or grammatical errors along the way". After making fun of the sender's name, Strong Bad gets to answering, opening with "Well, whoever, something something something" or "Something something, eh whoever?" And while Strong Bad is typing, the viewer can "usually click on certain words to make little pictures of dumb stuff pop up".
Next, Strong Bad cuts to some other scene, such as the Field, where The Cheat may pop up and where Strong Bad interacts with other characters... in this case, Bubs. Bubs wants them to get to the part where he does something to impress "all my lady fans", like tear off his shirt and start flexing, or waterski on a pair of "discount alligators". Strong Bad replies that neither of those things regularly happens on Strong Bad Email, but he does get The Cheat to give Bubs a hotfoot ("Ooh, hot mama!") and trick him into stepping on a beehive ("Yeow! Hot bees!")
We then cut back to the Compy, where Strong Bad "either wraps things up or winds things down, depending on how funny the last part is". Having shown Em how to answer e-mails "like a true Strong Bad", Strong Bad adds that he likes to "mutter something under my breath... about some girl named Beth" right before the Paper comes down. After a brief pause, he then remarks how if you wait long enough at the end, sometimes something else happens.
Strong Bad: No, I mean like me throwing a discount brick at you! (throws a half-brick at Homestar, who just dodges)
Homestar: (enlightened) Ohhh, discount briiick...
- Agony of the Feet: The Cheat gives Bubs a hot-foot, then sticks Bubs' other foot in a beehive.Bubs: Ooh, hot mama! Yeow!! Hot bees!
- Easter Egg: Discussed; Strong Bad notes "As I'm typing, you can usually click on certain words and make little pictures of dumb stuff pop up."
- Faux to Guide: This e-mail is a tongue-in-cheek how-to guide for Strong Bad Emails.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: The Easter egg for clicking "dumb stuff" lasts only a split second before it cuts away to the next scene. It's a pie-chart showing 61% Dumb Stuff, 28% Tigers, 17% Net Gain, and 8% Rhythm/Blues.
- Hurt Foot Hop: The Cheat gives Bubs a hot-foot. Then when Bubs starts hopping, The Cheat sticks a beehive underneath that foot.
- Overly Long Name: One of Strong Bad's guesses for what "Em" stands for is "Emtarkanderundersgunderson".
- Parody Commercial: An Easter egg at the end features a commerical for a place called "Discount Alligator".First Announcer: Come on down to Discount Alligator. Have we got a deal for you.
Second Announcer: Open 7 days a week. Take interstate side to Exit Porter-B. One mile south of Grandma Road. Kids get in free. Don't laugh at my bald spot.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Bubs keeps insisting he get a chance to do something "much to the delight of all my lady fans". When Strong Bad refuses, Bubs quips "Sounds like a pretty lame e-mail show you got here."
- The Stinger: After a pause at the end of the email, Strong Bad adds "And sometimes, if you wait around for ten or fifteen seconds, something else happens."
- You Make Me Sic: Strong Bad not only makes fun of Em for misspelling "process", but lists "pointing out any and all spelling or grammatical errors along the way" as part of answering an e-mail.