Airdate: Monday, October 11, 2004
Sender: Justin Corcoran, MASS
"S to the B" gets a "MASS" e-mail ("REMOVE ME! UNSUBSCRIBE! TAKE ME OFFA LIST!") asking if there's something cool he could plug into the extra plug under his desk.
With "no fewer than eight lights flashing at any given time", "solid state" electronics, and a "whisper quiet" motor, Strong Bad is convinced "Ol' Fatty's 'Lectric Boots" are sure to impress the ladies down at the "cloughb". With the boots on his feet and the Cheat plugging them in, Strong Bad fires up his new boots... and while they're definitely flashing, they are anything but "whisper quiet", and the noise soon proves to be too much for the Cheat. The short cord is also something of a problem.
Strong Bad heads to the TV room, where his brothers and the Cheat are entertaining themselves during the power outage by watching "a picture of Andy Griffith's head taped to the TV" with Homestar. Strong Bad proceeds to shanghai the lot of them into finishing up the email.
Strong Bad: Well, whatever your name was, the boots are back in action, and so am I! I can already tell they're gonna be a hit when I went them to da club this weekend! The ladies can't resist flashing lights and an obnoxiously loud hum! (stops typing) Alright, Strong Mad, go!"
(Strong Mad and the Cheat lower the paper over the Compy 386. Cut back to the Brothers Strong gathered around the Compy, with Homestar wrapped in an extension cord leading from the 'Lectric Boots to off-screen)
Strong Bad: Way to go, guys! I doubt anyone could tell the difference between a regular email and this unplugged email. Now keep holdin' it. Nobody move! Gonna be a long week...
- Big Blackout: Strong Bad's new electric boots cause a blackout at his house, and later at Club Technochocolate in an Easter egg.
- Continuity Nod: An Easter egg has Strong Bad dancing at Club Technochocolate to the "All-Is-On" song from "for kids".
- Incredibly Lame Fun: Strong Mad, Strong Sad, the Cheat, and Homestar watch "a picture of Andy Grifith's head taped to the TV" during the blackout.
- Malicious Misnaming: Strong Bad addresses the sender as "Huge to the Dork..."
- Nice Shoes: Strong Bad orders a pair of "'lectric boots" through mail-order.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: Strong Mad has to imitate the sound of the Paper coming down.
- Sex for Product: Parodied. "Yes, I would like to be your girlfriend based soley on your awesome boots!"
- Shockingly Expensive Bill: An Easter egg reveals Strong Bad is leeching electricity from the King of Town's castle to power the 'Lectric Boots, and leaving the King with the bill.King of Town: This electricity bill is pretendous!
- Shout-Out: Strong Bad gives the lady on the 'Lectric Boots box the affectionate nickname "Fruit Pie...the Magician".
- Toilet Humor: Homestar sings a brief song about how he's "really gotta pee-pee", and Strong Sad joins in.Strong Bad: That is a disgusting song.
- Very False Advertising: The big incandescent bulbs on the 'Lectric Boots are definitely not "solid state", and the supposedly "whisper quiet" ventilation system is ridiculously loud.