What Kyoko thought was a perfect chance to get revenge on Sho isn't going as well as she'd hoped. He's figured out that she's the same Kyoko he ditched months ago, and though he hasn't kicked her off the set he's holding that fact over her head. Kyoko's rage is so overpowering that she forgets she's supposed to be acting and tries to throttle Sho for real. Despite her hatred for Sho, Kyoko wants to do her best with her acting. She turns to her new friend Moko for advice, and with Moko's help, she's able to pull through and give a super-star performance. But her problems aren't through just yet: Sho still thinks he owns Kyoko body and soul, but his manager is worried that Kyoko might be stealing his heart!
A later confrontation with Ren leaves Kyoko down in the dumps. What's more, Moko is troubled and won't open up to Kyoko about it. Kyoko wants to repay Moko for helping her through a tough spot, and she's prepared to go to some crazy lengths to figure out what's wrong with her buddy.
This volume contains the chapters:
- Act 42. "Sin Like an Angel" note
- Act 43. "The Last Rite" note
- Act 44. "Prisoner" note
- Act 45. "A Happy Break" note
- Act 46. "An Unexpected Cold Front" note
- Act 47. "Mysterious Guy, Mysterious Girl" note
- Act 48. "An Encounter with Catastrophe" note
Chapters in this volume provide examples of:
- Conspicuous Trenchcoat: When they raid the costume department to find outfits appropriate for their Kanae stakeout, both Kyoko and Maria dress up in pinstripe suits, longcoats, dark sunglasses and fedoras. They're trying to go for the Badass Longcoat look of private detectives, but a couple of passersby mistake them for flashers.
- Enjo Kosai: When Kyoko and Maria tail Kanae to find out what she likes, they come to the conclusion that she is going on paid dates after they see her dressed as wildly different characters with three different men (two of them old enough to be her father) in the space of a few days. Kanae is engaging in paid relationships, but not the type that Kyoko and Maria thought: Kanae accepted them as acting assignments. She pretended to be one man's girlfriend so he could discourage an Abhorrent Admirer, and in the case of the older men she pretended to be their estranged/ deceased daughters after studying videos and photographs of the girls.
- Flower Motifs: It's a shoujo managa after all:
- The cover shows Kyoko sitting happily amidst red and yellow pansies.
- The title page for chapter 48 shows Kanae looking troubled amidst some lilies.
- Most chapters have a few instances of panel backgrounds filling with unexplained flowers.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Kyoko has this reaction when she thinks that Moko has a boyfriend. Curse The Hypotenuse ensues with her grudge demons out in full force, but I Want My Beloved to Be Happy wins out in the end.
- Like an Old Married Couple: After Sho discovered Kyoko's true identity in the previous volume, they bickered constantly during the filming. Sho's manager Shoko and general producer Asami both wonder if the two are still dating. Sho is offended, pointing out that they were just arguing, while Kyoko is incensed because the two never dated in the first place.
- Method Acting: Kyoko mentally replaces Mimori with Moko when shooting the angel scenes. She ends up bawling after the cameras have stopped rolling because she's so distraught at the thought of Moko hating her for killing the devil.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: While tailing Kanae, Maria and Kyoko observe her on a date with a man they've never seen before - the two even go out to lunch and share their food. Maria wishes that she could share her lunch on a date with Ren, but Kyoko wishes she could share her lunch on a date with Kanae.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: The familiarity with which Kyoko and Sho bicker during the filming causes Sho's manager Shoko and general producer Asami to wonder if the two are still involved, which Kyoko and Sho vehemently deny.
- Spoiled Brat: Hio Uesugi (who Kyoko meets at the very end of Act 48) threatens to end Kyoko's career within moments of meeting her, just because she's Moko's partner in the Love-Me Section.
- Walking Techbane: Ren's manager Yashiro can corrupt any electronic device and completely brick a cell phone by touching it with his bare hands for ten seconds. Using this ability, he attempts to blackmail Ren into revealing why their last interaction with Kyoko has thrown Ren so off his game. He refuses to tell Yashiro, and several chapters later Ren visits Lory's mansion to receive a new cell phone.