Moko's career is threatened by a spoiled child star, so it's up to Kyoko to figure out why this kid has it in for her best friend. In the process, Moko reveals some secrets about her family and Kyoko does the same about her relationship with Sho Fuwa.
Kyoko's big chance is finally here! Her performance in Sho's promo clip impressed some important people, and now she's been asked to act in the year's most anticipated drama! But Ren is the leading man and the character Kyoko is supposed to play is damaged and scary! Can Kyoko overcome her fear of Ren and the shame about her demons, or will the chance of a lifetime slip through her fingers?
This volume contains the chapters:
- Act 49. "The Forbidden Confession" note
- Act 50. "Surprise Hurricane" note
- Act 51. "End of the Dark Road" note
- Act 52. "The Unexpected Truth" note
- Act 53. "Looked Like Smooth Sailing" note
- Act 54. "Invitation to the Moon" note
- Extra: "A Bit of a Leftover Story"
Chapters in this volume provide examples of:
- Covers Always Lie: At no point does a soaking wet Ren Tsuruga surrounded by red roses appear in this volume.
- Embarrassing Animal Suit: Kyoko's still got her job on "Yappa Kimagure Rock" as Bo the Chicken... apparently the guy who they brought in to fill her shoes just wasn't as entertaining.
- Flower Motifs: It's a shoujo managa after all - the cover features a half-submerged Ren surrounded by floating rose blossoms, and most chapters have a few instances of panel backgrounds filling with unexplained flowers.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Moko is part of a huge multi-generational family. Everyone living at the Kotonami home includes:
- Moko's parents (currently on vacation)
- The eldest sister (24) and her 3 children
- The eldest son (22), his wife, and their 2 children
- The second eldest son (19), his wife, and their baby
- Moko (16), but only when she visits (which is sparingly)
- Moko's 7 younger brothers and sisters
- Method Acting: Moko drew on her experience as an older sister/ aunt to a huge gaggle of children when she worked with Hio - it's why she got so upset when he refused to eat the meat and fish on his plate. Her family can barely afford to buy meat, and seeing Hio willing to throw it away caused her to fall back into older-sister mode. After filming wrapped, she was still in character, and she ended up roughhousing with Hio because that's the only way the children in her house wanted to play.
- Never Work with Children or Animals: Moko just doesn't like to work with children. Not because she's a Child Hater (she isn't), but because she has a lot of younger siblings and nieces and nephews who can only be controlled by playful brute force and she knows that she tends to act the same way with child actors; Moko realizes that it's inappropriate behavior when the kid isn't related to you. She has changed her mind a bit since she befriended Hio.
- Precocious Crush: Hio Uesugi appears to have one on Moko because she's the only actress who has treated him professionally, instead of like a child.
- Spoiled Brat: Hio Uesugi threatened to end Moko's career when she threw him on set, and threatened to end Kyoko's career because she was wearing the same uniform as Moko. It takes a trip to Moko's family home to break him of his spoiled behavior.
- Take Back Your Gift: When Kyoko refuses to confide in Moko after Moko revealed her family situation, the latter gives back the Kyoko-shaped curse doll that the former had given her and declares their friendship over. Kyoko promptly changes her tune and tells Moko everything about her past with Sho Fuwa.