Release dates: January 2, 2017
WARNING: Untagged spoilers ahead. Read at your own risk.
- Blatant Lies: What Logic says before sinking down:Logic: See? This was my video. I helped! Just me, no one else!
- Conflict Killer: When Anxiety shows up, the argument between the other Sides stops abruptly and it eventually turns into an argument of Anxiety vs the rest about if Thomas will be able or not of accomplishing any New Year's resolution at all.
- Get Out!: The way that Logic kicks out Dad and Princey at the end of the song.
- "I Am Becoming" Song: Thomas and the Sides sing a song about the things Thomas is going to accomplish in 2017.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Only Dad could come out with something like this:Dad: Hey! My New Year's resolution is 1080p!
Logic: Oh, come on!
- It's All About Me: Logic complains several times about how this was supposed to be his video, the one where he's the only one supposed to help.
- Jerkass Has a Point: The Sides at first agree with Anxiety about how in the past Thomas has given up to his resolutions too easily.
- That Liar Lies: Played in song. Thomas sings about all his resolutions for the new year, and the Sides, with special vehemence of Virgil, tell him that "they're lies, lies, lies, lies, lies..."
- The Nicknamer: Princey gives Anxiety his first nickname: Emo Nightmare. Anxiety politely says "Thank you".
- Previously On : The episode starts with Thomas remembering some of the best moments of 2016 on the Sanders Shorts series (then still the Thomas Sanders Vine series), as well as pics of the tour he did with Ultimate Storytime, the awards he won and the people he got to meet and perform with.
- Running Gag: Once again, Morality calls the process of becoming an adult as "adultery" and once again Thomas has to correct him in frustration.
- Shoutout: Thomas starts with Pokemon's trademark phrase seen when Pokémon evolve in the videogames, but saying that 2016 has evolved into 2017.