When Chris is injured as a result of carelessness in the Animal Control Department, he fires both employees. He and Leslie have interviews to find a new department director, but no one has the right qualifications. Leslie convinces April to apply for the job. April only agrees reluctantly, and when she faces City Council, Jamm, who has his own candidate, tears her apart. April then comes up with the idea for the Parks Department to absorb the Animal Control Department, which would save the city money. This idea is passed by City Council, and Chris makes April the Deputy Director.
Ben, Tom, and Andy visit Dennis Feinstein to ask him to donate to the Sweetums Foundation. Feinstein is very rude, and Ben tries to remain pleasant, but Andy blurts out that Feinstein is a dick. Feinstein has them kicked out. Later, Andy offers to apologize so they visit Feinstein again. He accepts Andy's apology and gives Ben a check, but the check is a fake. Ben calls him a dick and the trio run off. Tom offers to donate five percent of Rent-a-Swag's profits to the Foundation.
Ron has strep throat that he caught from Diane's daughters. Ann drags him to the hospital. He gets a prescription but doesn't care about any of his blood work results. Later, Ann informs him that he is mostly healthy, but he is low in potassium and should eat a banana every few days for Diane and her daughters' sake. Ron has trouble eating a banana until he hides it in a burger.
- Agony of the Feet: Chris steps into a coyote trap left laying around, hurting his foot.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Andy is a very chill guy who rarely ever gets angry. He's the one who snaps at Feinstein, telling him straight out that he's a dick.
- Jerkass: Dennis Feinstein is so obnoxious and repugnant, he even causes good-natured Andy to yell "You're a dick!" at him.
- Sick Episode: Ron gets one this time.
- Those Two Guys: Brett and Harris, the two stoner animal control guys.