When a sleazy dietary supplements company sends a woman to the hospital, the team decides to bring them down with a fake skincare product... until they sense a bigger fish in the company's financier.
Tropes stolen in this job:
- Badass Boast:Sophie: She tasks me. And I shall have her.
- Blatant Lies: When Sophie remarks on a big, bulky security guard standing in the background of Chad's office, Chad laughs it off and says he's just there because he makes a good smoothie.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Eliot poses as an eccentric beekeeper.
- Indy Ploy: When Breanna sabotages the honey skin cream product launch, Bronwyn pivots on the spot, inventing a new bee venom product line out of thin air and creating even more buzz for her company.
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": Team Leverage's reaction when they realize they've been temporarily Out-Gambitted by Bronwyn.
- Mirror Character: Sophie and Bronwyn. Sophie isn't too happy when their similarities are pointed out.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed:
- Any resemblance to Gwyneth Paltrow and her Goop business is purely coincidental, of course!
- There is absolutely no similarity between Burt's Bees and "Hank's Bees."
- Oh, Crap!: Chad's reaction when he realizes that Team Leverage has tricked him into destroying his own company.
- Serial Killer: Eliot's beekeeper character is "revealed" to be one. This is supposed to help ruin Bronwyn's company, but she does some Xanatos Speed Chess and figures out how to salvage the deal.
- Spit Shake: Eliot does a variant on this, making a handshake deal with Bronwyn after dipping his hand in honey.
- Touché: Sophie's response to Bronwyn's successful Indy Ploy:Sophie: Oh, you clever girl.
- Witness Protection: Bronwyn ends up here, working in a truck-stop convenience store after the team leaves her with no choice but to flip on Chad to save her own life. It's implied that for Bronwyn, who loves the spotlight, this is a Fate Worse than Death.