- Story Arc: Hakon's vengeance
- Characters: Goliath, Elisa, Angela, Bronx, Hakon, The Captain, facsimiles of Demona and the massacred Wyvern Clan
- Enemy(ies) : Hakon, The Captain
Goliath, Elisa, Angela, and Bronx land on the coast of Scotland, beneath the cliffs on which Castle Wyvern had once been built. Goliath suffers from hallucinations that lead him inland, into the cave where he had once fought the Archmage; his companions follow him warily. At the bottom of the cavern, a magical construct enables Hakon and the Captain to transfer Goliath's life energy to themselves, restoring themselves to life. Weakened by hallucinations of his slaughtered clan and Demona, and further weakened by the megalith construct, Goliath can only tell the Captain that life is meaningless without honor; the Captain pushes Hakon into the megalith, destroying it and killing both of them again. The Captain's ghost passes on, free from the hatred and guilt that had kept him trapped in the mortal world, while Hakon remains behind, trapped in the cave.
This Episode contains the following Tropes
- The Atoner: The Captain of the Guard, seeking redemption for his botched scheme that instead cost most of the Wyvern Clan's lives a millennium earlier, sacrifices himself so that Hakon couldn't be resurrected to commit further mindless violence in the present.
- Barred From The After Life: The Captain of the Guard and Hakon were unable to pass on after they fell from the cliff. They don't know if it was the magic of the place they landed on or the strength of their hate that trapped them, but trapped they were.
- Being Evil Sucks: The Captain of the Guard chooses honor over life and is thus able to rest in peace. Hakon chooses life over honor and is trapped in a stone slab for eternity.
- Evil Plan: The evil duo plot to steal Goliath's life force in order to revive themselves, as well as indulge in their revenge.
- Heel Realization: The Captain of the Guard realizes that he's betraying Goliath all over again, and this time deliberately, and so he turns on Hakon.
- Mind Screw: Hakon and the Captain of the Guard make Goliath think he's losing his mind through intense flashbacks and visual hallucinations, including them in place of Eliza and Angela.
- Never My Fault: Hakon, mostly, and the Captain blamed Goliath for their deaths. As Goliath pointed out, however, their demises were not his doing, as the two had caused themselves to go over the cliff, not to mention it was the Captain's betrayal that lead to it.
- No One Could Survive That!: Subverted in this episode. When the reincarnated ghosts of Hakon and the Captain are trapped in a collapsing magical structure, Elisa says "No one could survive that," and in fact, they didn't. (They became ghosts again, and the Captain "passed on.")
- Shout-Out: Elisa compares the tumultuous storm that she and the rest of their party went though to being like a Disneyland ride ("Now that was an E-ticket ride."). Also counts as Product Placement given that Disney also owns both Disneyland and the Gargoyles series.
- Spotting the Thread: The ghosts of Hakon and the Captain torment Goliath with an illusion of his fallen clan members reviving as vengeful statue versions of themselves demanding retribution for getting them killed that fateful night. Goliath couldn't bring himself to fight back due to the guilt he held for failing to save them. However, he knew something was up when a statue of Demona appears, claiming she will make him pay for letting her die as well. Goliath knew for a fact that Demona was (unfortunately) still alive, making him realize the setting was all fake.Goliath: This isn't real! NONE OF YOU ARE REAL! (Smashes statue fakes)