Basil gets annoyed when a young, flirtatious couple start "hanky-pankying" under his nose and tries to avoid the advances of a flirtatious middle-aged French antique dealer. Misfortune conspires to put him in compromising situations whenever the couple are around.
Tropes appearing in this episode:
- Accidental Pervert: Basil keeps getting caught by the guests in Not What It Looks Like situations with Manuel.
- Aside Glance: The series is been fairly good at avoiding this, but it does occur once when a drunk Manuel knocks Basil over and exclaims "I love you" - a guest who stumbles across them at just this moment looks at the screen in horror before running off.
- Freudian Slip: Basil is annoyed by seeing Polly making out with her boyfriend and wearing a low-cut top. When he picks up the phone, he says "Hello, Fawlty Titties." He doesn't seem to notice it.
- Mistaken for Gay: Three times in one episode.
- Not What It Looks Like: Basil is caught once with a female guest and twice with Manuel; Manuel was drunk the first time and had accidentally knocked him over, and Basil mistakes him for a burglar the second time. Meanwhile, Basil accidentally walks in on two of the wedding guests embracing (they're related), and discovers Polly hurrying out of the lovers' room buttoning up her dress after hearing some weird noises (Polly was trying on one of the girl's dresses; the girl was giving her boyfriend a massage).