En route to a hospital benefit, Johnny is distracted by a strange robot. When he disappears after incinerating it, the Fantastic Four find him on trial before the Kree, an alien race, for destroying their sentries. With Reed as his lawyer and Susan and Ben as witnesses for the defense, the team attempts to get out of this latest scrape. But against a powerful and unfriendly alien race, will it be enough to save Johnny?
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Animal Mecha: the Kree call out some of these shaped like lions to execute Johnny. Later, one attacks a Kree kid, allowing Johnny to prove himself.
- Big Sister Instinct: When Johnny disappears, Susan becomes so angry even Reed is nervous.
- Fainting: Susan passes out when Reed tells her that Johnny has been "transported to another galaxy."
- Full-Name Ultimatum: In a clip shown during the trial. "Jonathan Spencer Storm, have you lost your mind?"
- Kangaroo Court: the Kree don't seem to be giving the Four much of a shot at proving Johnny's innocence.
- Last-Minute Reprieve: Johnny and the others get pardoned by the Supremor after Johnny saves a Kree child.
- Off Screen Crash: when Ben jumps off the building to go stand in for the rest of the team, there is a screech of tires and loud honking, coupled with Ben yelling, "Hey, I'm landing here!"
- Shout-Out: by Johnny, upon awakening in the Kree courtroom.The Smurfs got big...(to Ronan) You must be Angry Smurf!
- Smack on the Back: Ben slaps Reed on the back when he tells him that, "You've got the harder job...keeping Suzy from tying you in knots." Reed winces.
- [Verb] This!: "Eliminate this!"