A dual adaptation of both the cartoon show adaption of "The Fake Smurf" and the episode "The Mr. Smurf Contest", which Narrator tells Polaris Psyche after the events of "Polaris' Smurfy New Life".
This story provides the following examples of:
- Adaptational Expansion: The adaptation of "The Mr. Smurf Contest" portion of the story has Scruple added despite not appearing in the original episode, since this took place in Season 5 of the cartoon show and Scruple did not appear until Season 6. It also adds Duncan McSmurf as one of the contestants of the Mr. Smurf Contest.
- Adaptation Name Change: Gargamel's impersonation of a male Smurf is named Beaker instead of Nosey, to enforce the One Steve Limit of Noseys in this series.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Hogatha as a male Smurf has to deal with Smurfette's eyes being upon her all the time.
- Delayed Explosion: As in the Animated Adaptation of "The Fake Smurf", Hogatha sets up Jokey's surprises underneath the bridge over the River Smurf, hoping to blow up the Smurfs when they cross it, only for the explosives to fail when they cross it and for them to go off when she starts to cross it.
- Haggis Is Horrible: During Sassette's introduction of Duncan McSmurf at the opening of the Mr. Smurf Contest, she describes his favorite hobbies as "caber tossing, playing the bagpipes, and eating haggis." To which most of the Smurfs respond with a horrified, "Eating haggis?" Duncan in his personal thoughts admits that he had this be said about him just to get a reaction out of his fellow Smurfs.
- Imposter Forgot One Detail: As in the original story of "The Fake Smurf", Hogatha's impersonation of a Smurf lacked a tail, so she painted a pea blue and stuck it on her behind with glue. However, the tail eventually fell off and Hogatha was revealed to be the fake Smurf.
- Smurfing: As in the Animated Adaptation of "The Fake Smurf", Vanity speaks to Hogatha as Snorty Smurf in Smurf language, and she could barely understand what he was trying to say.
- Tampering with Food and Drink: As in the original story of "The Fake Smurf", Hogatha poisons what she thinks is the Smurfs' soup of the day, only to find after seeing that the Smurfs weren't dying off, she goes and discovers that she put her poision in a pot of dirty laundry.
- Your Costume Needs Work: During the part of the story where Gargamel disguises himself as a Smurf, he tries to tell Sassette that he has been working on doing a perfect Gargamel impersonation to explain why he sounds like Gargamel. Sassette simply tells him that he doesn't sound quite as menacing as the real Gargamel.
- You're Not My Type: When Hogatha is revealed as the fake Smurf and is exiled from the village by Papa Smurf, Duncan McSmurf is surprised that Hogatha disguised as a male Smurf didn't try to come upon him in that form, and Tapper says that he's not her type to be attracted to anyway because he's still a Smurf. Duncan pretends to be offended at this, that not even a witch like her would be attracted to "a real Smurfsman" like him.