When Dorothy and Lucas arrive at Glinda's castle to deliver Sylvie, Lucas' memories are restored — revealing that he is Glinda's husband Roan. Dorothy is thrown into Glinda's prison alongside a heavily pregnant woman, and Sylvie is in danger of being "destroyed" if Glinda can't find a way to contain her powers.
The Wizard heads to the Kingdom of Ev to build his weapons arsenal.
West takes the dangerous step of having Tip drink the magic extracted from East's corpse to help Tip understand her past revealing she is Ozma, sole survivor of Oz murdered royal family.
In the Kingdom of Ev, Jack struggles to find his place in Langwidere's life.
- Driven to Suicide: West slits her wrists, thinking she's killed Tip by forcing Tip to drink East's magic.
- Leg Cling: Lucas (or Roan, now that he's got his memories back) sits on Glinda's bed, feeling tortured by his conflicting loyalties. Glinda, who is in a rare state of undress, sits on the floor and clutches his leg.
- No Infantile Amnesia: After drinking East's spells, Tip remembers the massacre of the royal family at Eammonn's hand — an event that happened when Tip/ Ozma was an infant.
- Nun Too Holy: Glinda, "Mother of the Pure and Sound," heads a quasi-religious order of female devotees who take a Vow of Celibacy when they join her ranks. Although Glinda is allowed to take a lover (as evidenced by her husband), she doesn't take kindly to her underlings breaking the rules. When Dorothy is locked up in Glinda's fortress, the only other prisoner is a heavily pregnant woman, implied to be one of the devotees who had broken her vows. Glinda left the woman to give birth in prison without the aid of a doctor or a midwife — if it hadn't been for Dorothy's training as a nurse, both mother and child could have died.
- The Reveal: Not only is Eammonn the show's version of the Cowardly Lion, as revealed by his armor that's adorned with a lion's head, but he's also the one who murdered King and Queen Pastoria.
- Shaky P.O.V. Cam: Tip's flashbacks/ Ozma's memories are shot from the point of view of an infant being carried by their mother, who is on the run from an assassin. Complete with blood spatter on the lens when Queen Pastoria is killed in front of the baby.