- Penises playing baskeball!Big dicks shooting hoops!Passing, dribbling, bouncing, jiggling!Big dicks on the loose! WHAT?
While Andrew is self-conscious of his out-of-control hormones, Nick angsts about his lack thereof.
- Berserk Button: Maurice doesnt take kindly to Nick calling him the Puberty Fairy.
- Early-Bird Cameo: When Maurice pushes up the fur on his forearms, a tattoo with the name "Connie" can be seen on one of them.
- Early-Installment Weirdness: Jessi says that Jay's dad is a DUI attorney, rather than a divorce lawyer. Also, Coach Steve's Cloudcuckoolander personality is more subdued.
- Establishing Character Moment: Basically everyone in the first scene, from Maurys erratic sexual attitude to Missys good-heartedness.
- Fan Disservice: The extreme close-up of Andrew's penis.
- High-School Dance: The first episode builds up to one. The core characters all agree to go together, until Nick decides to go with a girl he barely knows.
- Jizzed in My Pants: When Andrew slow-dances with Missy, he blows a load and rushes to the bathroom, where he loses his pants.
- Mistaken for Gay: Nick's parents immediately assume he's attracted to Andrew when he mentions seeing the latter's penis.
- Not-So-Imaginary Friend: Despite the fact that Andrew is apparently the only person who can see and communicate with Maurice, Nick is able to do both at the episodes end.
- Where da White Women At?: The ghost of Duke Ellington tells Nick about the time he slept with Eva Gabor.Duke: That's right. I boinked a white woman back when it really meant something!