George Sr. finally gets a lawyer, but Michael learns of a mysterious witness. Buster pretends he's in a coma so he doesn't have to testify.
The Arrested Development episode "Fakin' It" provides examples of:
- Accidental Marriage: Happens between George Michael ad Maeby because the fake priest was replaced by a real one.
- Callback: Franklin reappears in this episode after an absence from the show.
- Hypocritical Humor:Prosecutor: Think about it, Michael. It may be time to cut and run.Michael: We don't do that in my family.
(while in the background we see Maeby running away from her wedding)
- Instantly Proven Wrong: Michael discovers a secret room in the model home filled with body-building magazines, themselves filled with muscular men. Tobias enters and has a conversation with Michael where he admits the magazines are his. He says they're from a body-building phase he'd gone through (rather than using them to ogle the men) and he hasn't touched them in years. He then opens one and we hear a talking magazine ad for a new television show.
- Kissing Cousins: George Michael and Maeby's awkward relationship continues in this episode, especially notable as they get married.
- Obfuscating Disability: Buster goes into a fake coma to prevent himself from appearing at his father's trial.
- Runaway Bride: Maeby gets cold feet before her fake wedding and runs.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Michael realises he's technically been spelling his name wrong his whole life - his real name is actually "Nichael" due to a typo on the birth certificate.
- Surprise Witness: Franklin.