Lucille feels unloved by her children and attempts to pin her car accident on an amnesiac Michael. Buster begins a relationship with Lucille Austero, and Lindsay is unpleasantly surprised when she finally visits her father in prison.
The Arrested Development episode "My Mother, the Car" provides examples of:
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: Lindsay in her slutty outfit at prison."This is the third time I've come here. I haven't even been remotely harassed."
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: There's something weirdly heartwarming about GOB's complete refusal to believe that Michael would ever try to hurt him in "My Mother The Car."GOB: You don't hate me! Mom hates me! You kind of like me!
Michael: ...I do kind of like you.
- Instantly Proven Wrong: Michael claims that his mother is frail right before she bursts through the locked balcony door.
- Literary Allusion Title: To My Mother the Car.
- Out of Order: Although this episode comes after "In God We Trust" in both Broadcast and Production order, it appears before it on the Season One DVD, which is the order that makes more sense, as Buster and Lucille start their relationship in this episode and go on their first date in "In God We Trust".
- Prisons Are Gymnasiums: Lindsay watches the inmates work out at prison.