The San Marcos visit has gone poorly. Things grow tense between Calderon and his wife when she learns that he spent $10 million buying a million copies of Cherlene's album to make it go platinum and when he learns that she has been sleeping with Archer.
This episode provides examples of:
- And Now You Must Marry Me: Despite the civil war literally raging just outside of his palace, Calderon invokes his authority as dictator and chief justice of the San Marcos supreme court to summarily divorce his wife Juliana and marry Cherlene, with whom he is infatuated.
- Disney Death: Pam is shot in the chest in a dramatic sequence, only to reveal that she was wearing Cyril's bulletproof vest... only for Archer to remind her that Kevlars aren't reusable, and she managed to survive the shot naturally.
- Dumbass Has a Point: When Lana wants to leave Calderon's manor it's Archer who points out that they are literally in the middle of a war zone.
- Overlaps with Everyone Has Standards when Cherlene calls Calderon out for being a dictator.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: For all of Archers jerkass tendencies, he is saddened when Pam is seemingly dead for taking a literal bullet for him.
- Judge, Jury, and Executioner: Calderon reveals he is the chief justice of San Marcos in addition to being its chief executive. He mainly uses it to officiate his own marriages to and divorces. After learning that his current Hot Consort Juliana slept with Archer, he immediately divorces her and declares Cherlene is his new wife.
- Taking the Bullet: Pam does this for Archer when Calderon shoots at him after learning that he slept with Juliana Calderon, his wife.