Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast is an interview focused podcast which started its run in June 2014 and is hosted by Gilbert Gottfried and Frank Santopadre (executive producer of The View among others). Interviews are based on Gilbert and Frank's love of old movies and television and are usually old movie and television actors, plus Gilbert's Stand-Up Comedy friends. Gilbert and Frank form a Straight Man and Wise Guy duo, Frank is calm and professional when talking to guests while Gilbert is enthusiastic and confrontational. Frank will be the one who researched the guest while Gilbert provides his own anecdotes that may or may not be relevant.
Besides interviews Gilbert and Frank put out mini-episodes called "Gilbert and Frank's Amazing Colossal Obsessions" where they recommend movies, discuss one-hit wonders, and answer viewer questions.
Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast provides examples of the following tropes:
- Accidental Misnaming: In the beginning Gilbert could never get the name of the show right, and still sometimes messes it up when introducing the show.
- As You Know: This is a particular pet peeve of Gilbert's, citing John Goodman's As You Know scene from Beyond the Sea as a particularly bad example.
- Author Appeal: Gilbert and Frank love the Marx Brothers and Gilbert really loves Universal Horror and they will be especially excited to talk to a guest with some connection to them.
- Butt-Monkey: Frank, who Gilbert constantly says he wants replaced, and the various technicians that Gilbert questions the jobs of or never lets them forget any mistakes they have made.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Frank has this relationship towards Gilbert somewhat, keeping him and the interview on track.
- Running Gag: Gilbert telling his Urban Legends, Gilbert mocking the technicians, Gilbert saying an actor is Jewish even if they're not.
- Self-Deprecation: Gilbert may make fun of everyone else, but he will laugh at any shot taken at him.
- Urban Legends: Gilbert loves telling these.
- His favorite one is how Caesar Romero use to hire boy toys to throw orange wedges at his naked ass.