Basic Trope: A character is swallowed whole by a monster, the monster looks momentarily victorious before screeching as its "meal" cuts his way out of the monsters stomach.
- Straight: Sir Bob Tropesalot is eaten by Anacondor the Giant Winged Serpent. Anacondor goes to continue to terrorize the kingdom but stops and screams as Bob Tropesalot uses his Cool Sword to slice the monster open from the inside out, thus killing it.
- Exaggerated: Anacondor is attacking New York and swallows Major Bob Troperson. The monster goes to continue to terrorize New York before cringing and exploding all over Times Square because Bob Troperson detonated several grenades within its stomach.
- Downplayed: A crocodile latches onto Bob's arm, but fortunately, he was carrying a switchblade in that hand at the time.
- Humans are Anacondors main type of nourishment.
- Sir Bob Tropesalot and Major Bob Troperson planned for this to happen.
- A misfired wizards spell teleports Sir Bob Tropesalot into Anacondors stomach. The monster suddenly coughs up the hero and he kills Anacondor.
- Major Bob Troperson swallows Anacondor. Anacondor eats his way out of Bob Tropersons stomach.
- Sir Bob Tropesalot slices Anacondor's stomach open. Angered, Anacondor eats him.
- Anacondor is dying, and Bob goes into his stomach to try to heal him.
- Sir Bob Tropesalot is swallowed by Anacondor. A wizard teleports him out of the monsters stomach.
- Anacondor swallows Major Bob Troperson, as he had planned, but he was swallowed before he had a chance to properly arm himself.
- Anacondor swallows Major Bob Troperson, he uses a knife to cut his way out. Anacondor screams, but his stomach wound starts to heal due to a Healing Factor.
- Sir Bob is swallowed, but unfortunately Anacondor knows how to chew. This time, BOB screams.
- Sir Bob is quickly digested before he can do much of anything.
- Double Subverted:
- Anacondor knocks the wizard unconscious and then eats Sir Tropesalot again.
- While inside Anacondor, Bob Troperson finds a machine gun from a partially digested fallen soldier. He shoots his way out of Anacondors stomach.
- Bob Troperson tosses a grenade into the wound before it completely heals and blows the monster up.
- Parodied: The carrot Sir Bob Tropesalot ate for lunch cuts his way out of his stomach and claims victory for the Salad People.
- The show goes into great detail how Bob prepares himself for the swallowing, including salt, pepper, and slathering himself in barbecue sauce.
- Zig Zagged: Anacondor swallows Major Bob Troperson. Bob Troperson cuts his way out of the monsters stomach. Anacondor begins to heal, but Bob Troperson throws a grenade into the gash. The Monster explodes. Each exploded chunk grows into a full grown Anacondor!
- Anacondor doesnt swallow Sir Bob Tropesalot.
- Or Sir Bob Tropesalot doesnt cut his way out.
- Enforced:Writer 1: "We need to establish early that Sir Bob Tropesalot is a badass.
Writer 2: "Lets start the episode with some monster eating him, and then lets have Bob Tropesalot cut his way out of the monsters stomach."
- Lampshaded:Sir Bob Tropesalot: "Lucky for me Anacondors stomach juice wasnt very acidy."
Sir Bob Tropesalot: "Maybe Anacondor should've had some Pepto Bismol after eating me."
Lady Alice: "What is Pepto Bismol?"
- Invoked: "Eat Me!" Major Bob Troperson shouted at Anacondor.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied:Major Bob Troperson: "This is getting out of hand! Pretty soon all of New York will be in Anacondors stomach!"
Captain Alice: "Maybe thats exactly what we need. What if you let the monster eat you, but once youre inside you blow it up with a bomb!"
Major Bob Troperson: "Uh, how 'bout we call that 'Plan B.'"
- "Swallow you whole? No thanks. Mother DID always tell me to chew my food."
- Discussed: "It has exposed its weak, fleshy underbelly to me in the form of its digestive tract!"
- Conversed: ???
- Implied: Many people believe Anacondor has killed and eaten Sir Bob, but then he enters the pub covered in guts and blood.Lady Alice: "Sir Bob! Is that you? Last time I saw you, you were battling Anacondor!"
Sir Bob: "Yeah, I don't want to get into it, but let's just say, I didn't agree with him."
Lady Alice (puzzled): "...You two had an argument?"
Sir Bob: "No... But let's say that he bit off more than he could chew.
Lady Alice: "I don't understand. You took Anacondor out to eat?"
Sir Bob (frustrated): "What? No—Look, let's just say that Anacondor could've gone for some Pepto Bismol."
Lady Alice: "What is 'Pepto Bismol?'"
Sir Bob: "Ugh, nevermind."
- Deconstructed: Anacondor's hide is just as hard on the inside as on the outside. Bob is eaten after a bit of struggle.
- Reconstructed: Bob stabs a vital organ instead of trying to cut his way out, then crawls out the throat as Anacondor dies.
Back to Kill It Through Its Stomach