NF can take listeners to some pretty dark places.
- The music video for "Therapy Session" (pictured above). The song itself is creepy enough with the Ominous Music Box Tune playing in the beginning and the background, but the fact the video starts off with a Content Warning makes it worse.
- There's the trio of people wearing creepy white masks straight out of The Strangers. And notice how the one on the far left has a crude smile drawn on his face...
- The graphic sight of the young boy's self-inflicted cuts.
- The fact someone personally threatened to slaughter NF's family on social media.
- The depiction of the girl whose mom was being abused by her father. Also counts as a Tear Jerker given the fact this was a real account.This girl at the show looked me in the face
And told me her life's full of drama
Said her dad is abusive
Apparently, he likes to beat on her mama
I got so angry inside
I wanted to tell her to give me his number
But what you gon' do with it, right?
You gon' hit him up then he'll start hittin' her harder
- "Mansion". Arguably one of his darkest songs to date, the melody itself is already very creepy, almost reminiscent of a horror movie theme. But the lyrics themselves are what cement this song as the Gut Punch of the entire Mansion album.
- He does not shy away from discussing the worse parts of his past.You used to put me in the corner, so you could see the fear in my eyes
Then took me downstairs and beat me 'til I screamed and I cried
Congratulations, you'll always have a room in my mind
But I'mma keep the door shut and lock the lyrics inside
- Then there's this Tear Jerker:I look around. One of the worst things I wrote on these walls
Was the moment I realized that I was losing my mom
And one of the first things I wrote was "I wish I would've called"
- The song's overall themes of isolation and the inability to let go of the past are pure Paranoia Fuel.
- He does not shy away from discussing the worse parts of his past.
- The Ominous Music Box Tune of When I Grow Up is just as creepy as Therapy Session.