- "Bring back the Boston Rag
Tell all your buddies
That it ain't no drag
Bring back the Boston Rag"
Countdown To Ecstasy is Steely Dan's second album, released in July 1973.
- "Razor Boy"
- "The Boston Rag"
- "Your Gold Teeth"
- "Show Biz Kids"
- "My Old School"
- "Pearl Of The Quarter"
- "King Of The World"
- Donald Fagen- Vocals, keyboards
- Walter Becker- Guitar
"And I'm never going back to my old tropes":
- Alma Mater Song: Subverted by "My Old School," which is a rip on Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York.
- Apocalypse How: "King of the World"
- California Collapse: "My Old School":"California tumbles into the sea
That'll be the day I go back to Annandale"
- Dance Sensation: "The Boston Rag". Maybe.
- Mistaken for Prostitute: "My Old School""It was still September, and your daddy was quite surprised
To find you with the working girls in the county jail"
- Precision F-Strike: "Show Biz Kids""Don't you know they don't give a fuck about anybody else"
- Protest Song: "My Old School"
- Record Producer: Gary Katz
- Shout-Out: "Your Gold Teeth" mentions the American mezzo-soprano and composer Cathy Berberian.
- Singer Namedrop: "Show Biz Kids""They got the Steely Dan T-shirts"
- Something Person: "Razor Boy"
- Stop and Go: "Bodhissatva"
- The X of Y: "King of the World," "Pearl of the Quarter"