Anna Tsuchiya (born January 26, 1984) is a Japanese singer, actress, and semi-retired model, although she is primarily known as a singer. She was born in Tokyo, Japan to her Japanese mother and her American father of Polish descent on March 11th 1984. She began modeling when she was fourteen and has done television ads for Uniqlo and Edwin. She is well known for her role as Ichigo Shirayuri in Kamikaze Girls and as the singing voice for anime series NANA. Her songs, "Rose" and "Lucy" were used as opening themes, while her songs "Kuroi Namida" and "Stand by Me" were used as ending themes.
She was part of the rock duo Spin Aqua with former Oblivion Dust member K.A.Z in mid-2002, but the band was officially disbanded in mid-2004 after a hiatus due to Tsuchiya's pregnancy. She began a solo career in 2005 and released her first mini-album, Taste My Beat.Due to her resemblance to singer Nanase Aikawa, she was dubbed "The Second Nanase".
- [2006.08.02] Strip Me
- [2007.02.28] Anna Tsuchiya Inspi' Nana (Black Stones)
- [2008.10.29] Nudy Show!
- [2010.09.22] Rule
- [2005.08.24] Taste My Beat
- [2014.03.11] Sugar Palm
- [2014.10.22] Lucifer
Provides Examples of:
- Bilingual Bonus: Many of her songs have english words in her lyrics. She has even had songs sung entirely in English.
- But Not Too Foreign: Her mother is Japanese while her father is Polish/American.
- Gratuitous English: Many of her songs contain English lyrics, and a few of her songs are sung completely in English. Although she grew up speaking the language when she was younger, she is not fluent as an adult.
- Idol Singer
- Japanese Delinquents: Her role as a yanki named Ichigo, which she earned her numerous praise and awards.
- Ms. Fanservice: She has done plenty photoshoots to show her body.