Tub Ring is a Chicago-based rock band, focusing on experimental rock. Their live shows are often hailed as being nothing short of spastic, chaotic and sometimes having a surprise or two. The band members themselves are all noted as taking pride in putting on their shows and delivering highly energetic performances.
- Drake Equation (June 12, 2001)
- Book of Water (December 5, 2001)
- Fermi Paradox (October 15, 2002) (The name refers to a famous puzzle about missing aliens.)
- Zoo Hypothesis (August 17, 2004)
- The Great Filter (May 1, 2007)
- Secret Handshakes (August 31, 2010)
Tropes Pertaining to Tub Ring:
- Cover Version: Several, including Johnny Cash's "One Piece at a Time" and Queen's "Flash".
- In the Style of...: "Teen Beat Medley", which is composed of the band covering snippets of several popular 1990s songs.
- Long Title: "The Subsequent Rating Given to the Life and Times of Jack Valenti"
- Metal Scream
- New Sound Album: Every one. Lampshaded by the band on their Web site, saying of their CD The Great Filter:''This album shocked fans by not sounding exactly like our previous album ... Which in turn didn't sound like the previous album, which also didn't sound like the album before that... etc..."
- Power Ballad: "The Uninitiated" and "I Shot Your Faggot Horse Bitch" are quite different from their usual sound.
- Punk Rock / Hardcore Punk
- Signature Song: Judging by the three different versions of it on their discography, "Negative One".
- Theme Naming: They like to name their CDs after scientific theories.