The manga stars a young trainer named Enta. He wants to be the strongest trainer out there but Enta has the issue of being a rookie who frequently loses. With the help of various trainers Enta gets stronger as the series goes by.
The manga is based on the Battle Frontier portion of Emerald. The male protagonist Brendan appears as "Rald". Enta is based off the "Apprentice" who appears in Emerald.
If the art-style looks familar that is because the mangaka also drew Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!.
This manga contains examples of:
- Anime Hair: Enta has two antenna-like extensions on his head.
- Bishōnen: Mitsuki is meant to be one. He's a Chick Magnet as a result.
- Comically Missing the Point: Rald tells Enta that being affectionate to his Vulpix will lead to it getting stronger. Enta misunderstands this and tries to propose to Vulpix.
- Kid Hero: Rald and Enta are both preteen boys and are trainers.
- Perspective Flip: Rald, the protagonist in Emerald, is a supporting character. Enta is of the "Apprentice" Trainer Class.
- Shown Their Work: Enta has a young one-tailed Vulpix. Various Pokédex entries mention this, however this manga is the only adaptation that actually shows one.
- Student and Master Team: Rald and Enta have this relationship. Enta calls Rald "master" because he's a stronger veteran. Also overlaps with Sempai/Kohai.
- To Be a Master: This is Enta's end goal.