Playing the Player may refer to a number of things, such as:
- Evil All Along: A character believed to be good is revealed to be evil.
- Genre Shift: A work changes from one genre to another.
- Good All Along: A character that is thought to be one of the bad guys turns out to have always been on the side of good.
- Hope Spot: A character finds hope, but it doesn't last long.
- The Mole: A hero or villain who is secretly working for the other side.
- Obliviously Evil: Being evil without realizing it.
- Plot Twist: A sudden, unexpected development in the plot.
- The Reveal: The big dramatic plot twist or revelation.
- Tomato Surprise: A fundamental fact about the setting or characters is known to the characters, but withheld from the audience till the last minute.
If you are looking for one of these, just click and go.