People tend to have a reaction when they witness or hear something very specific. These tropes listed here specify ways they react or are what cause them to react.
See also Trigger.
- Behavioral Conditioning: Trigger was implanted into subject to have them react.
- Reflexive Response: Trigger causes subject to respond out of reflex.
- Berserk Button: Trigger causes subject to react with anger.
- Fandom-Enraging Misconception: A meta trigger which results from talking about details of a franchise in an incorrect way that its fandom doesn't like.
- Kindness Button: Trigger has the subject react in a happy and polite manner.
- Misery Trigger: Trigger causes subject to react with sadness.
- My Instincts Are Showing: Trigger is something the subject provides a reaction to based on natural instinct.
- Relative Button: Trigger involves threatening the subject's relatives to set them off.
- Split-Personality Switch Trigger: A person with a Split Personality that appears in response to certain external trigger(s).
- Trauma Button: Subject reacts to trigger due to past traumatic experience from it.
- Trauma Button Ending: Subject has a reaction to a trigger that has to do with events that they just went through.
- Trigger Phrase: Trigger is a phrase the causes the subject to react whenever they hear it.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Trigger causes subject to react in fright.