Sam's Snack is a pop-up Picture Book by David Pelham and is part of the Sam & Samantha Book Series. In it both Sam and Samantha are spending time at the beach when they get invited to go on a ship. Unfortunately Samantha gets left behind since she can't go due to seasickness. So in revenge she sabotages Sam's lunch. It was published in 1994.
This book provides examples of:
- And Your Reward Is Edible: Possibly played with since it's unknown if Sam knew what Samantha was doing to his lunch, but in the end it's revealed that Sam put a live shrimp or lobster in his sister's seafood salad.
- Cooking Stories: A standard for a Sam & Samantha book, though this time it's about the food in Sam's lunch box.
- Everything's Squishier with Cephalopods: Samantha puts a small squid in Sam's thermos.
- Evil Chef: Downplayed and played with since Samantha is more mischievous than evil and she didn't really make the food shown, but she does tamper with it.
- Food Porn: The food actually looks good until you make use of the pop-ups.
- I Ate WHAT?!: Samantha tries to have this done to her brother, it's revealed at the end that Sam was also trying to do this to Samantha. It's unknown how successful they were.
- Lethal Chef: Justified and played with since Samantha and Sam didn't actually make the food, but do deliberately sabotage food.