Revenge may be sweet... but it can be saucy, too!
Sam's Pizza is a pop-up Picture Book by David Pelham and is part of the Sam & Samantha Book Series. In it Sam tries to make a very special pizza for his sister Samantha. It was published in 1996.
This book provides examples of:
- And Your Reward Is Edible: Samantha left her brother Sam a piece of the pizza he worked on for her. It's actually a trick, with the slice being filled with all of the inedible things Sam put in for her.
- Cooking Stories: A standard for a Sam & Samantha book, though this time it's about pizza.
- Evil Chef: Downplayed. Sam's more mischievous then evil, in fact the back of the book implies that he's out for revenge against his sister Samantha.
- Food Porn: The food actually looks good until you make use of the pop-ups.
- I Ate WHAT?!: Sam tries to get his sister to eat various things he hide inside the pizza they made; such as a bee, a dead toad, sheep eyes, a beetle, a eel, some woodlouse and a slug. In the end though it's left ambiguous on whither or not Sam was tricked into eating it instead.
- Lethal Chef: Justified since Sam is trying to be this. Unfortunately for him his sister Samantha figured this out and left him with the bad slice of pizza.