The third book in the Wheelerverse. It stars a girl named Katie Elaz, who fell into a vat of chemicals that made her into the superhero Rubber Girl.
This book contains examples of
- Big Bad - Bellatrix Limbar AKA Limbella.
- Chekhov's Gunman - Selina Gill was introduced as a mermaid that needed to be saved from poachers. Then Katie needed her to save Robert from drowning.
- Continuity Cameo - The Justicers make an appearance.
- Distressed Dude - Poor Robert. He was tortured by Limbella and thrown into the lake. Good thing Katie called Selina to save him.
- Our Mermaids Are Different - They are descendants of the survivors of Atlantis who evolved to adapt to the water. The character Selina Gill is the mermaid that appeared as a character in the story.
- Rubber Man - Katie after falling in the Elaztixium. Also Limbella after she swam in it.