Mickey Mouse And His Spaceship is a piece of Children's Literature written Jane Werner Watson and illustrated by Walt Disney Studios. It's a Short Story about Mickey Mouse and his goal of getting to the moon. It was first published in 1952 and is part of the Little Golden Books series.
This book provides examples of:
- Artificial Limbs: Pegleg Pete's peg leg.
- Get-Rich-Quick Scheme: Some prize money seems to be what's motivating Mickey and Donald to make the tripe. It's also implied to be the reason why Pegleg Pete stole the spaceship.
- Ray Gun: Though Pegleg Pete never gets to actually fire it, he does have a space gun.
- Retro Rocket: Mickey and Donald's spaceship is illustrated as such.
- Trip to the Moon Plot: Kicked off by a contest with a $50,000 dollar prize for the first round trip to the moon.