Fushi no Kami: Rebuilding Civilization Starts With a Village (フシノカミ ～辺境から始める文明再生記～, Fushi no Kami ~ Henkyou kara Hajimeru Bunmei Saiseiki) is a Japanese Light Novel series written by Amakawa Mizuumi (雨川水海) and art drawn by Mai Okuma(大熊まい). The Japanese publication is licensed by Overlap and Shousetsu, and the English version is translated and published by J-Novel Club. Original a Web Serial Novel that was serialized on the site Shousetsu ni Narou, it was picked up for publication and published from 2019 to 2022 for seven volumes. The series also has a manga adaptation that began serialization in Comic Gardo in 2021.
A boy named Ash, seems to have memories of his previous life. With his memories, he is determined to gain the ideal life that he remembers. Is it possible to do it in the remote countryside, where peasants have no status or property? The boy laughed. First of all, it impossible. But he continued to laugh.
But there is no life worse than what I am currently going through. So letís dream as hard as I can, chase it with all my might and devote myself to attain it.This is a record of a boy who starts from not knowing how to read, to surprising his village, developing a remote territory, shakes the kingdom and transforms the world.
This is a story about the restoration of civilization, told as a legend in the future.
- Childhood Friends: Ash and Maika are childhood friends ever since the start of the story, when they were 10 years old.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Ash and Maika are childhood friends and got engaged in the later volumes.
- Crapsack World: Monsters are everywhere, there's scarcity in resources, nobility are scheming with others.
- Reincarnation: Ash has memories of a past life.
- Treants: There was a time when Ash and co. saves a village being attacked by Treants with some kind of monkey acting as pilots inside.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: The series introduces a species of werewolf with parts of their bodies that can made into iron.