- 9 has a bunch of them. 2 gets a bunch which makes it all the more heart-wrenching when he dies, and to rub salt on the wound, gets turned into a puppet for The Seamstress and 5 gets a few. One when they were together: 5 and 9 had just come to save 2, and after they initially thought 2 was dead, 5 had his hand on 2's shoulder and 2 put his hand on 5's with a gentle "I knew you'd come." And then there was 1's Heroic Sacrifice and his last interaction with 9 after his death...
- 'Nother 2 example: him running over to 7 and glomping her after she kills the Cat Beast. She stands there, stunned, for a moment or two, the hugs him back.
- The scene where everyone relaxes while "Over the Rainbow" plays on the old record player.
- Also, 9's first meeting with 2. "Friend? Friend"
- When the final shot revealed that the raindrops were teeming with living microbes. After an entire film's worth of devastated landscape, it was the crown on the heartwarming of the souls' release.
7: What happens now?9: I'm not sure exactly. But this world is ours now. It's what we make of it.
- The last two lines between 9 and 7 during that final shot.
- 1's final gesture to 9 after his soul is released from the device. A simple pat on the shoulder, a smile, and a nod.
- 9 releasing the dead stitchpunk's souls free.
- When 2's name is scratched off the list, it shows that 7,3, and 4 were assumed dead as well. Seeing the most childlike of the stitchpunks not only alive, but relatively safe and being guarded/visited by 7 was absolutely heartwarming.
- Any of 7's interactions with 3 and 4 in the movie. While they're just a few, minor scenes, they are still cute and heartwarming on their own since 7 is already implied to be a motherly figure to the twins.
Heartwarming / 9