- All-Star Cast: Surprisingly, for such a low-budget film.
- Beam Me Up, Scotty!: 2 is widely associated with his famous catch phrase "This is smashing!" which was never put in the film, but on a couple of old trailers and an obscure B-roll.
- Doing It for the Art: Just look at those visuals...
- Fan Nickname:
- "Mr. Fab," the Fabrication Machine. An alternate to this is "Fab Mac"
- Petrie for the pterodactyl monster.
- 1 is the Sack Pope. He is also known by Pope Doll and 1Pimp. Now there is this ridiculously addictive song for Pope Doll. Pope Dooooooolllllll! He enters the rooooooooooooom . . .
- Now with '''face melting guitar intro!''' "He's got a cape, he's got a staff, he's got a great big BODYGUARD!"
- On certain Deviant Art communities, 5 is known as "Angst waffle".
- He's also sometimes referred to as Pyro5 and "Gerbil Butt".
- 9 is also commonly referred to as 9Noob due to his Idiot Hero moments.
- 2 is commonly known as either "Pedo2" (by those who make him a Memetic Molester), or "Grandpa2."
- He's also called "Creeper2" by some on Deviantart.
- There's also Pedo9, which originated from a very creepy looking figurine made before the movie came out. It's for the best that it isn't linked to here.
- Meaningful Release Date: The movie came out on September 9, 2009 (9/9/09).
- Quote Source:
- Trope Namer
- Viral Marketing: Little bit. One of the most interesting ones was a random online-clip that showed Elijah Wood getting his soul sucked out while in the theater.
- The Facebook account "9 Scientist" (still up, surprisingly) is the Scientist's online diary. It tells readers of the man's struggles with creating the B.R.A.I.N device, and of his misgivings with the Chancellor. Not necessary to enjoy the movie, but it furthers your appreciation and understanding.
- What Could Have Been: Looking at the deleted scenes, the key around 6's neck would have been more important to the plot, with 8 playing keep away with it, and the survivors using it at the end to open a box the scientist was holding. Inside is a mirror, and a note labelled "hope" as the survivors look at their reflections. That box was instead used to be the final message from the Scientist to 9.
- Another deleted scene would have had dealt with 1 and him apologizing to 9 after he realizes the error of his ways, and seeing the damage that he had caused as a result of him losing sight of everything.
Trivia / 9